Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Super Sweet Sixteen

Party of the Century. 2120 Landon Grove. Saturday, September 21st. 7:30pm. Be there or...of course you'll be there! I re-read the invitation about 20 times. I just couldn't believe it - Sarah Jeffries, the most popular girl in the history of Lincoln High, had just invited me, plain ol Twila Sheldon, to her sweet sixteen!


"Are you still reading that damn thing?" Henry rolled his eyes. "I bet you they have some crazy fucked up scheme planned to embarrass you. Jeffries and her goons are just a bunch of snobby bitches. With fabulous hair. And flawless makeup. But still ultra bitches."

Henry was right. For the most part, Sarah had always been a total bitch to us. In elementary school she and her two flunkies, Becca and Tracy, would trip us in the hallways, call us names. In middle school, they spread rumors about us being brother and sister in an incestuous relationship. In 8th grade when I gained most of my fat girl weight, she spread the rumor that I was pregnant with Henry's retarded lovechild. But so far in high school, they've been so busy building their status as the most popular girls in school, they haven't bothered to pay us any attention. So I figure, maybe they want everyone in the school to like them and know how awesome their parties are, even the social misfits. Hell, I saw one of the dorkiest Mathletes got an invite. Why should the fat girl be left out? Maybe they ran out of invites before they got to the fag.


"Whatever biatch you're just jealous of their fabulousness!" I teased.


"Of those skanktastic hags? Bitch please, I look better in drag any day! Plus I have my own plans that night. Fuck Sarah Jackoffs stupid party."


"But what if they're not so bad? Everyone raves about Sarah's parties! And this is the Sweet Sixteen! Silverpop is gonna play at her party - I mean hello?! They're making a detour from their nationwide tour to stop here and play at her party. Seriously - you think I'm gonna miss this?! Plus I heard she's gonna have really fancy hors d'oeuvres by that chef who won Iron Chef, ice sculptures, DJ Kid Fresh is gonna be the official DJ, and get this - Sarah's gonna make her entrance by flying down in a helicopter!"


It was the most exciting thing that had happened to me in my life. Forget all the times I had been called 'Shamu', 'fat ass' and 'wide load'. Saturday night I was gonna live it up with my favorite band and party with the cool kids. Saturday night I would be a cool kid. But just one thing bothered me...I thought Sarah lived in Pinecrest Hills and Landon Grove was in Sugarland Valley...

No comments:

Post a Comment